Ghaqda Sajjieda Dilettanti Gnejna.
The Main Aims of the Association are :
- To unite the amateur part time and fulltime fishermen of Gnejna Bay.
- To safeguard the rights, health and all other interests of the same amateur fishermen.
- To help and educate its members about the hobby of fishing.
- To take care of the Gnejna environment.
- To represent all the fishermen of Gnejna during all meetings and representations that may be required to be held with the Central Government of Malta and / or with any other government or non government authority in Malta and Gozo.
The Association was formed in 1992 and at present the number of members amount to around one hundred and fifty.
Membership to this association is open to all persons over 18 years of age who either have a boat registered with the Fisheries Department on the Gnejna District or have a boathouse at Gnejna Bay. Co-proprietors of a boat or a boathouse are each eligible for membership. Other persons who do not meet any of the mentioned two requisites can still apply for membership but it is up to the Association's Executive Committee whether to accept or not such persons as a members.
The Executive Committee is made up of the President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer and the Public Relations Officer and these are elected during the Annual General Meeting which is held on a Saturday during the month of November. The first president of the Association was Mr Anthony Schembri and the present president is Mr Victor Camilleri.